Pledge Card Instructions
- Charity, code, employee name
This card is preprinted for full-time salaried employees only. Wage employees may use it but must fill in their name and payroll code. Wage employees cannot use payroll deduction.
- If you select payroll deduction, choose the time period that matches your pay schedule.
- Write in the amount that you wish to have deducted each pay period.
- Write in the total that you want deducted for the year under Annual Gift. Your pledge will be divided equally among your paychecks starting in January and continuing through December.
- Choose cash, check, credit card or stock
Write in the total amount of cash or check. If you are using a credit card, check the card used, write in your credit card number, expiration date and amount. If you are donating stock, write in the approximate value and a telephone number where you may be reached. A CVC representative will call you to explain the procedures for donating stock.
- Designate your gift to a specific charity
Write the charity’s CVC code number, the amount you wish to donate, and the charity’s name. To find CVC codes or to learn more about a charity, access the CVC online directory. A copy of the directory also can be obtained from your volunteer coordinator or from the CVC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 924-1321. You can designate up to 16 charities by using multiple cards and stapling them together.
- Authorize your contribution
Sign and date your pledge card for payroll deductions and credit cards.
- Check yes or no for acknowledgement
- If you wish to receive acknowledgement from the charities, check “YES, I would like to be acknowledged and receive verification for tax purposes. Please share my name, address, and gift amount with the charity I have selected.”
- Otherwise check “NO.”
- Return the pledge card to your volunteer coordinator by Dec. 12
Contact email@example.com or (434) 924-1321 if you do not know where to send your pledge card.